For two days hundreds of policy-makers, founders, venture capitalists and key startup stakeholders converged on Berlin to inspire each other and create frameworks for real change in innovation policy. Thank you to everyone who attended!
After the success of the first edition of Welcome Roadshows for early stage startups, that last year saw six high potential companies travel across Europe broadening their network and raising funds cross border, WELCOME consortium is engaged in offering even a better experience to the 10 amazing startups selected for 2016.
Their second stop was in Berlin on June 9th and 10th where they attended the Startup Europe Summit 2016, a two-day conference focused on technology and policy-making.
At the event startups had the opportunity to represent their projects with a booth and to take part of the “Startups Games” a pitch competition organized within SES, they enter the pitching battle with almost other 20 startups. Our WELCOME Roadshow startups fought with honor round after round till the final battle where 3 of them out of a total 6 got the opportunity to pitch on the main stage of the event. The final was pretty intense but WELCOME startup still managed to position themselves 2° and 3° with SwiftComply and Girl Crew.
They will soon leave for the Silicon Valley to attend two-week startup school and come back to Europe stronger for next to trips to Madrid and Dublin.
Coming from the five WELCOME HQs these are the 10 selected startups participating to the EU Roadshow tour and Silicon Valley startup school:
- Aria Wearables (Milan) an active thermal shoe sole that heats and cools down the feet
- Cloudroom (Madrid) a cloud based learning platform that brings MOOC into the corporate world
- GirlCrew (Dublin) a global community for women
- Link.Fish (Berlin) a bookmark manager that allows people to work with the information behind URLs
- Replex (Berlin) a service for IT teams that enables them collecting critical information on all infrastructure assets both physical and virtual
- Replit (Madrid) a social discussion platform based on short videos
- Solo (Milan) a virtual POS that lets merchants accept credit and debit card payments
- SwiftComply (Dublin)a platform solution for Fat, Oil and Grease compliance in the food service industry
- TourSnapp (Berlin)a service that applies the concept of Smart cities to cultural tourism
- Up to Seven(Madrid) a social network that enables foodies to share recipes and suggestions